Monday, August 10, 2009

ORIGINAL ROLLING STONES ARE FROM PA!!! --LAWSUIT PENDING

ABOVE: The Real Rolling Stone Band.

I received a crazy email the other day that was simply called "Penny Postcards". In it, you can click on any state in the country, then access any county that had a penny postcard issued. To my surprise, there was nothing listed for Allegheny or Westmoreland Counties. However, I came across this very unusual photo of the "Rolling Stone" 20 piece marching band from Clearfield County of all places! The name of the town there, you ask? Why Rolling Stone, of course! This Pennsylvania hamlet is located near Lock Haven in not quite central Pennsylvania.

ABOVE: The imposter Rolling Stones. Picture above taken just a few years after the original Rolling Stone Band photo at the top of the story. A blatant case of trademark infringement.

While I could not find out any additional information on these original "Stones." penny postcards are now about 100 years old, so this picture would have been taken around 1900, give or take a few years. This means that this picture was taken just a short time before Mick, Keith and the boys got started in great Britain with the Rolling Stones. Notice that extra "s". Oh you clever Mick Jagger! I say, "Sue them anyway," Rolling Stone Band! I'm sure your town could use ten or twenty mill.

1 comment:

Juan said...

I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


Betty

http://electricguitarhowtoplay.net