Saturday, December 20, 2008

"Seasons Beatings To All a Yinz From Yer Pittsburgh Stillers"


There are a lot of factors that go into the creation of a lifetime love affair between the populace of an entire city and its' football team.

For example, let's take the season ticket waiting list. Now yours truly has been on said list for so long that Terry Bradshaw was still their quarterback when I chistled my application onto a stone tablet. In fact, when Heinz Field was built, I thought for certain that I'd finally make the grade, but they didn't build it big enough!

But amidst a lifetime of frustration (if I got the call today, I'd probably tell my son to go for them) the Steelers continue to keep reminding me that I am still a loyal fan of the black & gold, whether I can get into Heinz Field or not. So each year, around this time, I get a Christmas card from my beloved football team. They know I've been waiting 20 years to get season tickets and they appreciate that. This is yet another small reason as to why the Steelers have managed to elicit the love of an entire community and why people who are transplanted Pittsburghers continue following this team, no matter where they are living.

Merry Christmas to all of the Pittsburgh Steelers from one of your most loyal fans!


"Seasons Beatings To All a Yinz from yer Stillers!"

No comments: